Friday, December 14, 2007

Sweet Meat


This was served as an appetizer at our company Christma…er…I mean Holiday Party at the Marriot. I first refused it because it was served in a shot glass soaking in what looked like liquor. Once I found out it was maple syrup I decided to give it a try.

This was a boneless piece of chicken coated in toasted pecans on a stick sitting in a shot glass of sticky maple syrup. It tasted pretty good, but after eating the stuffed mushrooms it was too sweet. I enjoyed the fact that it was a little strange, but it seemed like more dessert than appetizer. I don’t know who comes up with stuff like this…there are some weird people in this world...chicken in maple syrup...

Well, tonight’s HBS snack of questionable taste is cooking in the crock-pot right now. It smells delicious, I wonder how it taste…Look for my review later on this weekend.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

When are you going to bring this one to study? It sounds delicious & not like something you would question eating. haha!

Anonymous said...

I have to disagree with you, i thought the maple syrup added the perfect contrast to the chicken. So much so that i ate 3 or 4 of these. I thought it was absolutly delicious!!