Sunday, December 2, 2007

Welcome Friends!

Welcome to my new food blog. I know there are lots of people who like to take pictures of food and post them, and I’m sure I will intermittently do so, but this is mainly intended to capture the thoughts, and reactions of the bravest Bible study in Monroe County to my strange snack of the week.

A little history…

A couple of years ago, I decided to shock my Home Bible Study group by bringing a can of sardines for snack. To my surprise there were a couple of folks who tried it, and though no one was racing out to buy more they seemed kind of like it, perhaps more for the novelty of it. From that point on I would on and off try and find a weird snack to bring and stretch people’s willingness to try new things. Sometimes it was actually good, and sometimes it was downright gross! But each time it was a new experience that we shared together, and the more it was done the more it became a sort of anticipated ritual. There was a certain sense of excitement, intrigue, curiosity, and sometimes a healthy dose of fear, but all in good fun, if not in good taste.

This year, I was given the privilege to lead a different Bible Study out in my hometown of Brockport, and with that came a different group. The ritual has carried over, and has become a weekly tradition that keeps me searching for different flavors, textures, and experiences. I now have one of the most gastronomically challenged Bible Studys in all of Monroe County who week after week engage in this bonding ritual of questionable taste.

Please feel free to leave comments, ideas or recipes, or if you are one of the “lucky” people who get to try the snack of the week, I look for your reviews and reactions.

I will also try and post snacks we have experienced in the past and the recipes in case you want to try them…but most likely…you won’t have the guts…hehehehe…

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is a true honor to be the first to post a comment to this site. You truly are a man of great culinary vision. Someday when this becomes one of the most popular gourmet sites on the internet please remember that I called the shot correctly. Your fine offerings on Friday nights are only second to that of God's Word!!!
Sincerely,
Chef Joseph Vitelli

Hindsey said...

The food was aweful!

I hope everybody understands that it was the food that caused you to have start a new Bible Study!

Last week we had brownies... veggies... and even pizza... It was wonderful!